We are a small and effective sprint racing sled dog kennel focusing on high quality vs. high quantity in training and dogs breeding our own vs. purchasing from various kennels. We compete in a variety of sleddog sport events including; 6-dog mid-distance, bikejoring, scooter, canicross, 6 and 4-dog cart/rig, 10, 8, 6, 4-dog limited class and Open Class sled. Our dog breeds are Eurohounds and Hound Crosses which are consisted of English Shorthaired Pointers, German Shorthaired Pointers, Greyhound, and Alaskan Huskies. Find out more about our breeds HERE.
Our amazing athletes also give dogsled rides and tours!
Head Coach – Tone Coughlin
Tone Coughlin has been working with athletes since 1998 with his first coaching job at the Marshall School helping out with the cross country ski team. He later moved on to coach swimming, as the head coach of the North Shore Swim Club, Cloquet-Esko-Carlton Girls Swimming, and one of the founders of Duluth Marhsall Boys Swimming. During that time he raced (1997-2009) as an elite amateur cyclist (road, track, cyclocross, mountain) all over North America and a few races in Central America competing with riders that raced in the Tour de France. He also is competitive at running, triathlon, swimming, and xc-skiing completing over 700 events.
His first dog was Helena a retired Alaskan Husky. He picked up Toivo in 2006 as an 8 week old puppy who later started skijoring and bikejoring with him. In his free time he enjoys photography, archery hunting for big game, grouse hunting, fishing, spending time with the dogs, and training himself.
Tone is an independent marketing and promotions professional specializing in web design with 19 years of experience.
Recent Community Involvement (Volunteer)
- 2016 – Current – Photographer – NMTC Trail Series
- 2016 – Current – Instructor at Duluth Folk School
- 2016 – Current – RGO – Spirit Mountain Sleddog Run
- 2016 – Current – Owner – Timber Industry Videos
- 2015 – Current – Vice-President – United States Federation of Sleddog Sports
- 2015 – Chair – Nordic Snow Ball Committee – Annual Gala Fundraiser for DXC
- 2014 – Current – Trail Groomer – Duluth Cross Country Ski Club
- 2014 – Current – Steers Person – Lake Superior Dragon Boat Festival
- 2014 – Course Judge (motorcycle) – Superior Man Triathlon
- 2014 – Course Judge (motorcycle) – Brewhouse Triathlon
- 2014 – Current – Webmaster (Contracted) – International Federation of Sleddog Sports
- 2013 – Interim President – Board of Directors – John Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon.
Residing in Iron River, WI with her son Daniel and 39 Siberian Huskies (Wild Wind Siberians), Natalie is a key part of our team bringing years of mushing experience and canine health knowledge. Her kennel started in 2000 bikejoring with some favorites Gus and Mariah. Natalie has competed in various mid-distance events in the mid west region including the John Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon.
She works professionally as a Licensed Veterinary Technician at Lakeview Animal Hospital in Ashland, WI. At university, she studied Biology with a Chem minor at the University of Wisconsin River Falls. From 1998 through 2009, Natalie worked at the Mayo Clinic Cytogenetics Laboratory in Rochester, MN as a Certified Clinical Cytogenetic Technologist.
Interested in Working with Sled Dogs?
Becoming a part of our team is an experience of a lifetime! Our energetic athletes love working with new people that are willing to work with them. Whether it’s working as an employee training dogs, doing kennel chores, giving rides, or volunteering, we are always looking for those that want to lend a hand.
Contact us for more information about employment opportunities at Endurance Kennels LLC.